As we enter a period of renewal and change, Your Clear Next Step is committed to helping our customers make their businesses and workdays even better. We will be here to walk beside you, to listen, to connect, and to aid in your search for clarity. In doing so, we are offering a free, daily Zoom call, called Daily Connections, at 1:15pm (CDT) every weekday from 3/19/2020-5/1/2020.
These calls are a chance for us to share tips and discussion about relevant topics (working remotely, maintaining consistency in uncertain times, building relationships across geography, staying motivated, staying connected, etc) and network with each other to provide help and support during this time of change.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us today! The next call will be Monday, April 13th at 1:15pm (CDT). Click here to join.
On today's call...
Sinikka shared a few tips about creating purposeful weekends.
Really? Another weekend? So the first weekend was unreal. The second was maybe getting ready with supplies and to get hunkered down. The third was connecting with friends. Now, it’s already gotten old. A fair number of us are “over” these physically distanced weekends. And there’s so much emotion tied to Easter weekend. If you’ve got kids – will the Easter Bunny visit? Will there be egg hunts? If you use this as a family time – will we be able to get together in any way? If you’re a person of faith – will Easter with its irrepressible joy and loud hallelujah feel somehow out of place?
There are three days this weekend…There’s what’s left of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And give us focus and purpose, I put together a focused set of two things a day for us to do.
- Something for your work (or home)
Finish strong this Friday
Make a good plan for Monday
Pick one thing over the top
- Something for a friend or family member
Write a note
Make a phone call
Create an Easter basket
- Something for your physical wellness
Go for a walk
Do some stretches
Try a YouTube zoomba
- Something for a stranger
Donate through your local Rotary club
Use your skills (mask making, food prep, reading to kids)
Kindness rocks, tip generously, pay for the guy after you
- Something for your spiritual wellness
Attend an Easter service
Read the Bible
- Something just for fun
Watch a movie
Read a book
Play a game
Here were some ideas and questions shared by the group:
Ideas from the group:
- COVID-19 Resource Center on Facebook - in the left sidebar on a desktop computer, about halfway down, there is an EXPLORE area. The top item shows as COVID-19 Information Center - If you click through that will take you to the COVID resource center, and there is a spot on the right hand side on that page where people can offer/ask for help.
- Governor Reynolds reminded us in her call today that many of the organizations that normally rely on volunteers to keep their operations running are struggling a bit right now. If you are able, reach out to some of your local volunteer organizations to see how you might be able to help
- I heard of a ding-dong-ditch Easter egg hunt – a friend came in hid eggs in someone else's yard and left a note with how many eggs there were to find. Sounded like a fun way to maintain a little human connection with friends while maintaining distance, and not having to hide the eggs yourself
Participants also shared their weekend plans. We would love to hear about your plans too! Drop them in the comments below.