As we enter a period of renewal and change, Your Clear Next Step is committed to helping our customers make their businesses and workdays even better. We will be here to walk beside you, to listen, to connect, and to aid in your search for clarity. In doing so, we are offering a free, daily Zoom call, called Daily Connections, at 1:15pm (CDT) every weekday from 3/19/2020-5/1/2020.
These calls are a chance for us to share tips and discussion about relevant topics (working remotely, maintaining consistency in uncertain times, building relationships across geography, staying motivated, staying connected, etc) and network with each other to provide help and support during this time of change.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us today! The next call will be Tuesday, April 7th at 1:15pm (CDT). Click here to join.
On today's call...
Sinikka shared a few tips about going the extra mile.
Now that we’ve had a couple of weeks to start to make heads or tails of our current environment, I think some of us are ready to move past crisis into something else.
Going the extra mile
- as communicators
- as influencers and as leaders
- as employees
- as customers and as vendors
- as friends
- as family members
- as citizens
Here were some ideas and questions shared by the group:
- Sharing virtual flowers or balloons or gifts
- Or, if you can, picking flowers from your yard and leaving them for your neighbors on their front steps or in their front yard
- Sewing masks for your family members or friends, or to donate to healthcare workers
- Throwing a social distance parade for someone, driving by the house and honking and waving
- Writing letters to nursing homes, or to the kids in your life who don't normally get mail.
- When you can’t share a meal with someone else, maybe you can share the recipe and instructions with them instead
- Read a story with little kids in your life via Zoom
- Try and think about ways to get ahead in this time, rather than just get by. One way to think about this could be drawing a line down a piece of paper and on one side write down the productive things you could do to get ahead, and on the other side write down things that will just get you buy. Getting ahead will usually only happen when you are intentional about it.