As we enter a period of renewal and change, Your Clear Next Step is committed to helping our customers make their businesses and workdays even better. We will be here to walk beside you, to listen, to connect, and to aid in your search for clarity. In doing so, we are offering a free, daily Zoom call, called Daily Connections, at 1:15pm (CDT) every weekday from 3/19/2020-5/1/2020.
These calls are a chance for us to share tips and discussion about relevant topics (working remotely, maintaining consistency in uncertain times, building relationships across geography, staying motivated, staying connected, etc) and network with each other to provide help and support during this time of change.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us today! The next call will be Monday, April 17th at 1:15pm (CDT). Click here to join.
On today's call...
Sinikka talked about noting our accomplishments.
What have you accomplished this week? At the end of a long week, sometimes we are so exhausted, we can forget about all the things we’ve accomplished.
As you end your week, take a tour – in your work, in your family, in your house, in your yard, and acknowledge all your accomplishments.
- List makers – you get momentum from checking things off the list, right?
- Doers – you get momentum from the void created when one thing is done and you have space to tackle the next
- Busy people – if we forget to focus on our accomplishments, we lose the lift that comes from internal or external praise
- Continuous improvement people - When we’re so relentlessly focused on what’s next and not stopping to celebrate, we run the risk of alienating folks that need that celebration
- For those who set out with the “extra time” of COVID-19 to tackle that home improvement project, that book writing goal, etc. – considering your accomplishments (maybe you finished it, maybe you’re well on your way) is a great way to celebrate
- For those who are looking at those folks I just mentioned, going “nope, not me,” – considering what you have accomplished will help you stay centered in what's good
- I got back on my exercise routine this week that I had fallen out of the habit of doing the last few weeks!
- I re-strung my guitar this week but I also finally made some headway with my team at work
- Yesterday I was able to start and finish editing my first video, which is a project that my co-worker used to do. She has recently left our team and I have been struggling with the software so it felt like a great accomplishment.
- I have cleaned out every closet in my house and I’ve finished a training that I was working on, and I passed the certification with a 95%
- I finished two paintings last week
- My accomplishment has been three years in the making, and we’ve had 10 boxes sitting in the back closet for the last three years, and I finally sorted through them and it turns out we didn’t need any of it.
- We started 4 major committees when COVID-19 hit and I ended up on all 4 of them, and we’re nearing the end of them, and it looks like some really good things are going to come out of them.
- My children's book is super close to launching on Amazon in the month of April and hopefully, any day now, a new website that is tied to that book will be launching.
What were your accomplishments? We want to hear from you! Drop them in the comments!