As we enter a period of renewal and change, Your Clear Next Step is committed to helping our customers make their businesses and workdays even better. We will be here to walk beside you, to listen, to connect, and to aid in your search for clarity. In doing so, we are offering a free, daily Zoom call, called Daily Connections, at 1:15pm (CDT) every weekday from 3/19/2020-5/1/2020.
These calls are a chance for us to share tips and discussion about relevant topics (working remotely, maintaining consistency in uncertain times, building relationships across geography, staying motivated, staying connected, etc) and network with each other to provide help and support during this time of change.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us today! The next call will be Monday, April 27th at 1:15pm (CDT). Click here to join.
On today's call...
Sinikka talked about something different.
It’s been 37 or so days since the Governor put the initial restrictions on the State of Iowa. Some on our call have been in quarantine or physical distancing longer, some not quite as long, but for all of us, it’s become it’s own “routine”. This weekend, for fun, try something different.
- have breakfast for dinner
- dress up for church on Sunday or for date night on Saturday
- bake something
- cook something different
- change up your fitness routine
- call someone you haven’t talked to at all since all this started
- volunteer somehow – try sewing a mask, making a delivery, check with your local food pantry on what they need most
- clean something
- Something novel, something new, something different
- thinking outside the box will boost your creativity
- changing your routine can exercise different “muscle groups” and give you new energy
- you might rekindle or start up a friendship
- you might be inspired to even greater contributions
- you might learn something
- you might discover you really like something or that you’ve got a hidden talent
- you’ll have a new story to share
A few thoughts that were shared by the group:
- I might write a book this weekend -
- We are going to try and get out of the house tomorrow for a change of scenery
- I’m going to learn to play frisbee golf this weekend
- I’m going to find something to cook and share it with my granddaughter this weekend
- It’s my wife’s birthday, so we are going to do something different and celebrate at home
- I’m going to pick out a new recipe and give it a try
- I love to buy earrings (usually at Kohl's when they are on sale) and I've collected them over the years, so this weekend I’m going to go through them and clean up my collection a bit.
- I have a new book that I’ve been waiting to read
- I retired last year, and have transitioned to a business owner, so my whole last year has been something new.