As we enter a period of renewal and change, Your Clear Next Step is committed to helping our customers make their businesses and workdays even better. We will be here to walk beside you, to listen, to connect, and to aid in your search for clarity. In doing so, we are offering a free, daily Zoom call, called Daily Connections, at 1:15pm (CDT) every weekday from 3/19/2020-5/1/2020.
These calls are a chance for us to share tips and discussion about relevant topics (working remotely, maintaining consistency in uncertain times, building relationships across geography, staying motivated, staying connected, etc) and network with each other to provide help and support during this time of change.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us today! The next call will be Friday, May 1st at 1:15pm (CDT). Click here to join.
On today's call...
Sinikka talked about developing yourself.
COVID-19 has created more time in some of our calendars. Some of us don't have to travel to work anymore, we have fewer things on the agenda, some of us have more space to think in a different way and to consider things in a new way. With this extra time or space to think, we have the perfect opportunity to invest in our development.
Professional development includes training, coaching, mentoring, assessments, webinars, book clubs, study groups, belonging to a professional association, certification programs
- Mastery brings motivation
- More skills makes the day easier
- Development prepares you for what’s next
- Professional development shows them you’re serious
What does that look like?
- For yourself - Be intentional and take a personal inventory.
- As a friend - Encourage them to look at affordable or free services, read books, or seek mentors.
- For an employee - Look for individual training, engage in the conversation and invest time and dollars into making yourself even better.
- For your team/organization - The same basic principal as the individual applies. Looking at the strategy, what new skills will your team need ? While creating a pivot plan, look at development and how to grow your team.
- One participant knows that we can read a lot of books and do a lot of independent things, but there is a lid on that. You need others to help you work on you.
- One participant encourages everyone to invite their friends and colleagues to join you and attend professional development together. This deepens relationships and makes conversation and learning more meaningful.
- One participant is excited to join Your Clear Next Step's virtual trainings at the State of Iowa in June since their conferences were cancelled.
- One participant is grateful that their leader values professional development and works it into the budget within their department.
- One participant is excited to receive their book today to start reading about the EOS system they are implementing within their team.